Marketing managers are always looking for innovative ways to draw attention to themselves. As search engine algorithms are constantly changing, businesses don’t want to fall behind their competitors. In fact, they’re always trying to find creative marketing ideas so as to boost their profits. Using animation is a creative marketing strategy which helps businesses explain complicated concepts in a simple way. Here, we’ll explain the reasons why businesses use animation for marketing. Moreover, we’ll give you some useful tips on how to create your own animated video.
Why Marketers Believe So Heavily in Animation?
Animated videos are one of the most effective ways for grabbing your audience’s attention. These videos convey your message in a simple way. Here are some benefits of using animation in marketing.
1. Easier Explanation
Dealing with complicated concepts and explaining them to your audience can be exhausting. In addition, it’s often hard for people to understand complex concepts. Using an animated video is an excellent way to break down complicated ideas and explain them in an interesting way. You can use animation to explain any kind of content even artificial intelligence or sustainable development. That’s why, animated videos can make explanation easier. It helps people remember critical points and keep them in mind for a longer period of time.
2. Higher Engagement Rate
Clearly, you should engage with your audience in order to sell your products. Therefore, it’s essential to create winning content that increases the chance of engaging with your customers. According to studies, all users around the world spend one-third of their time watching videos. So, most people prefer video content as it’s a great way to communicate complex information. Therefore, you need to consider using animation in order to increase your engagement rate.
3. Animation Is Affordable
Simple software and some basic design skills are all you need in order to create customized animated videos. Animations are for everyone, regardless of age, gender, race or any other social characteristics. However, live-action videos require professionalequipment including actors, a beautiful location, proper editing apps, etc. In contrast to animations, live-action videos need to be updated every once in a while. As a result, animations are more budget-friendly than live-action videos.
4. Animated Videos Boost Your Reach
All marketing managers are willing to expand their reach on the internet and increase their sales. Instagram, Facebook, twitter, etc. are great platforms for connecting with your target audience. Nowadays, thanks to animations and social media platforms, you can promote your product and services in different ways. Moreover, animations are fun, interesting and attention-grabbing. That’s why, they boost your reach.
How to Create Animation for Marketing?
Creating animated videos isn’t always easy and it might be a challenging task. A professional animation can greatly improve your conversion rate. To create stunning animated videos, you need a clearly defined process. Here are some of the steps you should follow in order to create stunning animated videos for your business.
1. Create an Effective Action Plan
First of all, you need to define your goals. Similar to other marketing strategies, your animated videos must be a part of your brand’s personality. So, it’s better to choose an animation that fits your brand identity. After developing your marketing strategy, you should write a creative brief. These following steps lay out the goals of your animation.
- Set Your Primary Goals: Primary goals include promoting your product and increasing your brand awareness.
- Define Your Target Audience: Identify your target audience and design your animation according to their interests.
- Create Your Core Message: An effective core message is a great way for explaining your UVP (Unique Value Proposition) to your target audience.
- Develop a Promotional Plan: A promotional plan is a strategy which can make your animation go viral.
2. Make a Perfect Script
Once you’ve created an action plan and outlined your final goals, it’s time to make a script for your animation. Even silent animated videos must have a script. A perfect script will help you design the components of your animation and create a great roadmap. It also helps you stick to your plan while creating an animated video. A complete script includes three parts which are mentioned below.
- Hook: A hook is an important part of your script. It’s what grabs your audience’s attention. An effective hook helps you form an emotional connection with your audience.
- Middle: This part contains the core message of your animation. In other words, it refers to the message you’re trying to convey.
- CTA (Call-To-Action): CTAs are generally located at the end of your animation in order to prompt your audience to perform an action. You can use different CTAs so as to generate leads for your business.
3. Promote Your Animated Video
Finally, you should promote your animated video. To do so, you can use so many platforms. You can share your animation on different social media platforms like Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, etc. It is even possible to use them on your own website.